superjen

hi, i probably did this a bit wrong, so sorry if it doesnt make sense, but
i'm trying to amend my own post.
i have a laptop..... so no separate numeric bit on the keyboard. i can find
the symbol font ( yey i'm a genius!) but not the division symbol in it, and i
can't get the codes that people offered me to work (i'm guessing its as i
don't have the numeric keyboard bit that ya get on a pc).... and i can't get
my character map up either (i'm using the evil xp so i don't know where to
find it)
if anyone has a suggestion, could they possibly help and use really really
simple steps and idiot proof terms for me (*does sheepish look*)

"superjen" wrote:

my mum is a primary school teacher.. she wants to use microsoft word to
create a list of simple sums for her class... like ' 16 shared by 4= four'
. but we can't find a mathematical divide symbol, even in 'symbols'..... only
these ones are close, and they appear on the keyboard anyway!.....
we need one of the standard ones with the horizontal stripe and a dot both
top and bottom....
any help would be really greatfully received... something easy would also be
good as she's not very computer literate!
thanks! :-)