Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2003 resetting default printer

You can use the organizer to copy your styles etc from an old renamed
normal.dot to a new clean one. Word will create that when you rename the old
suspect one.

Nyco_ork wrote:
Graham,

I don't use any third-party add-ins. I've opened Word in Safe Mode,
and I've tried the Winword /a command line load. I won't say they
have no effect. This is not something that happens consistently,
which is what makes it maddening. It happens some sessions and not
others. I read both papers on the links you provided, and those don't
describe any problems I'm having. I'll just keep my eye on it, try
Safe Mode again the next time it happens, maybe build a new
Normal.dot from scratch (not easy; I have a lot of non-built in
Styles).

Thanks for giving it your best, as always.

Richard

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The only other possibilities that I can think of are adverse
interaction from a third party add-in or a minor corruption of the
normal.dot template. Check whether the problem still exists if you
start Word in its safe mode - hold CTRL whilst starting Word. If
not, then see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm