chipp2shore chipp2shore is offline
Junior Member

Location: St Pete, Florida

Anneli has it right. Just to explain in stages If you are using Word 2007 / 2010 and don't want any added spacing in your addresss labels, you will need to do the following: Start the mail merge, after inserting the mergefield(s) with chevrons at each end e.g. ((ADDRESS)), select these mergefield(s), Go to the HOME tab, click on the button by the word 'paragraph' with the up/down arrows and remove any spacing before and after paragraphs and check to see if the spacing is set to 1. Then go back to Mailings and continue with 'Update Labels' in the mail merge.
This will solve the spacing problem.
Chris D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCharla View Post
When I do a Mail Merge, the address block gives me double spaces. How do I
get a single space? I have tried Help but see nothing regarding this!

Last edited by chipp2shore : March 8th 12 at 03:49 PM Reason: More info.