Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank Martin Frank Martin is offline

Default How do I convert Word2003 text to a picture?

Hello Bob.
Here are some examples of text on a CD/DVD.
The following I can do:
http://www.streetcookie.com/Image2.jpg
but it is more complicated to wrap text to
one side of a CD/DVD and the following is NOT
an example because the text on the right hand
side should be wrapped to the edge of the
CD/DVD:
http://www.west-wind.com/weblog/imag...WestWindCD.jpg
I do not want text to flow around the
circumference, but rather a set of overflow
text boxes, each wrapped to the CD/DVD
circumference so as to fill the area of the
disk as much as possible. That is the reader
has only to hold the disk upright to read the
area.
Here's another example of what I want, but
with a far better text wrapping to the edges
of the CD/DVD:
http://www.ridgewaypress.co.uk/images/cd_fruit.gif
I have tried the drawing of an "autoshape" in
Word2003, (insert/picture/autoshape) namely
the "do-nut" shape that gives an area like
the surface of a CD/DVD, but I cannot get any
curve-wrapped HORIZONTAL text into it. If I
could this is what I need.
Do you know of any software to do this.
Frank

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote in message
Hi Frank,

You can use WordArt to create curved text.

Insert=Picture=WordArt

Select the third gallery choice in the top
row.

Type your text and select a font.

From the WordArt Toolbar choose 'WordArt
shape' and select a circle shape.

Drag the shape to size or right click and
use Format=WordArt and set Size for
height and width to match the edges of your
disk
print area.

You can put the WordArt behind your other
graphics so you can more easily position
them.

================
"Frank Martin" wrote
in message
The printer software is useless. It will
not
even allow clipboard pasting. I have found
tentative method using the "Grabbit"
software
that allows one to select a section of the
screen and save it as a Jpeg picture file.
This can fool the printer software to
appear
as a picture which can then be printed on
the disk. I am using overflow text boxes
fill the disk with text, albeit as a
picture,
but I ask again, is there a way in Word2003
to allow text wrapping along a curved
surface?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big
dividends*