Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I get consecutive page numbers in all sections of a Wor

As Jim suggests, you undoubtedly missed a section, probably because it's a
Continuous section in the middle of a page. Either insert a temporary page
break in that section to make the footer accessible, or, with the insertion
point in the troublesome section, use Insert | Page Numbers | Format...
Click OK to close the Format Page Number dialog, but be careful to click
Close instead of OK to close the Page Numbers dialog so you don't insert a
new page number.

"Tall John" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. I have gone to the "format page number" button and
changed all but the first section to "continue from the previous section"
button and I still have the page numbers that start over after about one
fourth of the way in the document.

Thanks,

John

"Jim" wrote:

On the "header/footer" toolbar that you get when you double click in the
footer, click on the "format page number" button. Then click the button

that
says "continue from previous section". That'll do ya.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"Tall John" wrote:

I am creating a manual that has different sections that are not

sequential.
1, 2, 10 11, 12, 16 etc. I have tried to make the footers all "same

as
previous section", but when I put in a auto page number reference in

the
first section the numbering does not follow into the next section.

Other non changeable areas do continue throughout the footers for the
document.

Thanks,

John