Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Default Page Number Setting

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
But that doesn't mean there's no call for beginning pagination with
"zero" -- it seems they went out of their way to exclude that option
from cases like this.

I think that, for once, I prefer the current solution to a PAGE field
(or a TOC, for that) showing "NOT-A-NUMBER" or some such thing ... :-)

In the past, I would have liked to be able to start a roman numbered
page with zero, exactly for title pages. But since there isn't an
obvious way to solve the zero-letter problem, I don't think we can blame
the programmers (for once ;-)).

HTH
Robert
--