Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
ilyaz ilyaz is offline

Default Index for a long doc

Thanks, garfield-n-odie , works fine! Boy, I wish I've asked a few days
before... I'd had less headache...
Thanks again!
Ilya

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
In Word, click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the boxes for
"All", "Field codes", and "Hidden text" | Print tab | uncheck the boxes
for "Field codes" and "Hidden text" | OK. Then click somewhere in your
index and press F9 to update it.

ilyaz wrote:

I have a 150 pages document designed and saved in MS Word 2002. I'd like
to create an Index for this document and have no problem in doing so.
However, after all Field Codes (about 400) are entered, the page count
increases to 152 and number of the entries "move forward" and show wrong
page number (for example, an entry is actually on page 148, but in Index
it is shown on page 149).
Is there a way around? How to create an accurate Index in a long
document?
Your suggestions will be appreciated.