Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Default how do I get out of the footnote once I get my number in?

"sos-nc" wrote:
Do you know if there is a keyboard shortcut to get back into the body of
the
document?

You could double-click the footnote reference.

(That way I don't have to take my hands off the keyboard.)

If you use Ctrl+Alt+F to insert a footnote, you could use the macro below so
the same shortcut takes you back to the text.
That's the way Ctrl+Alt+F used to work anyway until a few versions ago...
until it was broken.

Just paste the macro below into your normal.dot ...

Regards,
Klaus

Sub InsertFootnoteNow()
' Replaces built-in command InsertFootnoteNow,
' built-in keyboard shortcut: Alt+Ctrl+F

If Selection.StoryType = wdFootnotesStory Then
' return to main text:
With ActiveWindow
Select Case .ActivePane.View.Type
Case wdPrintView, wdReadingView, _
wdWebView, wdPrintPreview
.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
Case Else
.ActivePane.Close
End Select
End With
If Selection.Characters.Last.Style = _
ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleFootnoteReference) Then
Selection.Move Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
End If
Else
' insert footnote:
Selection.Footnotes.Add Range:=Selection.Range
End If
End Sub