Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Home and Student Office 2007

Jon

Did you really DELETE 2003 or did you uninstall it? If you uninstalled it,
then the pst will definitely still be on your system. And if you did delete
rather than uninstall, I would be surprised if you found the pst because it
is normally stored in the user's profile: you're unlikely to have deleted
your Windows Profile. If you use the File, Import command in OE, it may even
find the old pst on its own.

Terry

"Jon C." wrote in message
This reply is for Tim and Terry: Thanks guys.
Before I installed Home and Student Office 2007 (XP Pro SP2) I deleted
Microsoft Word and its associated programs. I just didn't realize that
Microsoft Outlook 2003 was part of that. So when I went to check e
mail.....it was gone.

Right now Outlook Express 6 is taking its place.

I will check to see if I can import the old material.

Do you see any problems thus far? Thanks, Jon

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

I agree with Tim. If you upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007, then
the
.pst should still be intact. Personally, I think it was a big mistake to
remove Outlook from S&T. However, Vista's Windows Mail is a big
improvement
over Outlook Express though I presume you must be using Windows XP which
is
why you now use OE?

You should be able to Open OE and under the file menu, Import all your
old
emails and addresses from the pst.

Terry

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The
technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E mail
and
addresses?