Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Find / replace horizontal lines?

On Sat, 3 May 2008 17:08:00 -0700, Eric wrote:

I have a file which has horizontal lines that I've created by entering ---
(three hyphens) plus Enter, which Word changes into a page-wide horizontal
line.

I'd like to use Find to find-and-replace them. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

No, you can't use Find for them. They're paragraph borders
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...RidOfLine.htm), and Find
doesn't have any way to look for borders.

If you just want to remove all of them -- and you don't have any other paragraph
borders in the document that you want to keep -- then select everything
(Ctrl+A), go to Format Borders & Shading, select No Border (make sure the
Apply To box is set to Paragraph), and click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman