Sam Hobbs

Look at my original question; I already understood what you are saying about
"Heading Rows Repeat". Just to clarify that previous comment, "Heading Rows
Repeat" is misleading. I was unable to find the description of "Heading
Rows". So the only (repeat only) reason I mentioned "Heading Rows Repeat" is
because it implies there is such a thing as "Heading Rows". Unfortunately my
comment about "Heading Rows Repeat" confused people.

If the original answer had been that:

(1) the first row is assumed to be a header
(2) there is a table style that can be used to specify formatting of the
first row only

then this discussion would have been much, much smaller. One problem is that
the description in the documentation of the first row being assumed to be a
header is either obscure or non-existant. The name or title "Heading Rows
Repeat" is clear enough about what it does that I don't need to refer to the
documentation nor ask here about it.

"Genine" wrote in message
Hi Sam
Unless you use one of the built in table autoformats, then the heading
row(s) of a table are formatted in the same way as the rest of your text
until you change that. All the heading rows repeat option does is make
sure
that the first row(s) of your table are repeated on subsequent pages. That
setting has no effect on formatting - you have to format the header row
the
way you want it.
Genine

"Sam Hobbs" wrote:

When I use "Heading Rows Repeat", the formatting does not change;
therefore
it is not what I am looking for.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
The answer Jeffery provided was what you were looking for.