Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.interop,microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard

Default Word will not save if Outlook is in use

Have you tried reinstalling Office. Back up your emails, calendar, tasks etc
to a .pst file on you hard drive before you reinstall.
--
Richard

"jm7" wrote:

I am using WORD and Outlook 2002.

If I use Outlook with the option "Word to edit email messages" -
then
If I open WORD and try to save a document - Word just shuts down.

If I then re-open WORD - on this second time - I can proceed to save
documents.

A very strange behviour. Anyone else come across this?

I am using the same configuration and version on other computers and there
are no such problems.

Thanks in advance.

John M