Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] poster_printer@yahoo.com is offline

Default How do I print a page poster sized

There is free software (GPL, open source) that allows you to print
really big posters using any application.

It installs a new "virtual printer" on your computer, and you print
your document to that. It operates similar to a fax printer, and
capturing the image of documents that are printed to it.

A preview dialog then comes up giving you the option of either printing
as normal, or enlarging.

Text in your document will print out perfectly smooth, there is no
"boxiness" or "jagginess" no matter how much you enlarge it.

Currently the OS supported are Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows
Server 2003, and Windows XP .

The main web site, with screen shots to really show you what it can do,
is http://posterprinter.sourceforge.net/

If you want to download it right away, the download page at
SourceForge is
https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=172256

The fail-safe "Directory" web site is
http://www.geocities.com/poster_printer

Jezebel wrote:
Word can't do this, but your printer might be able to ... Check the Printer
Driver options.

"Mark Parent" wrote in message
I have a single page document that I want to print much larger. Isn't
there
an option to print a document in a 'tiled format' across 3 by 4 pages, so
that when I tape the pages together I get a large version of the original
document ?