Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
KSaleeba KSaleeba is offline

Default Edit Table data

Hello - was this issue ever resolved? A secretary at our company is dealing
with an issue very similar. When she removed a section break she could edit
the cells on the first page of the table. With thr section break after the
table she cannot edit cells on the first page (only).

The issue began when she added a header to the document.

Incidently, this document began as an Office 2003 Word document now being
used in Word 2007. Saving it as a Word 2007 didn't correct the problem.

Thank you.

--
KSaleeba

"Don Bouchard" wrote:

Previously posted in the wrong Microsoft newsgroup--and no helpful reply.

I recently upgraded to a Vista and Word 2007, and opened a table file
created with WIndows XP and Word 2003. I haven't yet created a new
table--only opened tables created with previous
versions of Word.
When I click in a cell, my cursor fails to open that cell or to allow me to
type or change the data in a cell. How do I get the cursor to appear in a
cell that I click in?
How do I change the data in that cell?
I never had this problem when upgrading to previous versions of Word from
Windows 95 to XP.

I would appreciate help from somebody with expertise in the new Word tables.