WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Get rid of anchor associated with text box/image- effects placeme

I understand how frustrating it can be to have an anchor associated with a text box or image in Word. Fortunately, it's a relatively easy fix. Here are the steps to remove the anchor:
  1. Click on the text box or image that you want to remove the anchor from.
  2. Look for the small icon that appears next to the object. It will look like a small square with an arrow pointing up and to the left.
  3. Click on the icon to select it. This will bring up the Layout Options menu.
  4. In the Layout Options menu, look for the "Position" section. You should see a button labeled "More Layout Options" - click on it.
  5. In the "Layout" tab of the "Advanced Layout" dialog box that appears, look for the "Text Wrapping" section.
  6. Under "Text Wrapping," select "None" from the drop-down menu.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Advanced Layout" dialog box.
  8. Your text box or image should now be free from its anchor and can be moved around the document without affecting the regular text.