Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I change the style of the divider line for a footnote

What version of Word?

Assuming Word 2003, go into Normal view. Choose View - Footnotes. In the
Footnote pane, set the dropdown (to the left of the Close button) to
Footnote separator. You can now have your way with the separator.

If Word 2007, you can do the same thing, but put the document into Draft
mode (it's the new Normal), and click Show Notes in the References tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Mialan" wrote in message
How can I view the style formating of the footnote so I can change the
position of the divider line that appears between the footnote and the
body
text.
I can change the style of the actual footnote but not the line.