Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
OkieStateLynn OkieStateLynn is offline

Default Will Word mailmerge more than 255 characters from an Excel fil

I've tried the DDE route. Word acts like I haven't selected a data file to
import. After reading your referenced site, I wonder if using a multi-page
worksheet is contributing to the problem. I'll strip it down and try again.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

For an explanation and some suggestions, see
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm
Try the DDE route first if you haven't already.

Peter Jamieson

"OkieStateLynn" wrote in message
I have Office 2003, and I am having trouble merging an Excel file into a
Word
document. One field is quite long, and is truncated to 255 char in the
merge. I have installed the converter, and it is active. Conversion
causes
a fatal error.

I have the opportunity to upgrade to Office XP. I don't want to make the
shift, however, if it won't solve my problem. Does anyone have experience
with merging fields longer than 255 characters?