Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word document locks up

The steps shown in the following article are designed to troubleshoot such
problems (which usually can be traced to corrupted normal.dot, registry
entries, or add-ins):

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Joan" wrote in message
I've had problems with Word locking up after starting a new document. I
will
type a few sentences, it locks up, and the ? just stays there. I cannot
use
the curser at all, save the document or go any further. If I step away
from
the computer, after a few minutes I'm able to type again. Then it happens
again

I'm using Windows XP and have actually reinstalled Office Pro, but I'm
still
having the same problem. I don't have any problems with Excel, PowerPoint,
or
other Office programs.
--
Joan