Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul T, Houston Texas Paul T, Houston Texas is offline

Default Spell Checker - Office 2007 wiped out my spell checker

Thanks for your help however I was referring to OutLook 2007 as well as Word,
Power Point...I do not use Express. All of these worked prior to the 2007
upgrade and now they don't.
Any ideas?
Thank you

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Paul,

The 'french only' speller is only in MS Internet Explorer's Outlook Express, which isn't a part of Office and has never had its own
spell check capability. Outlook Express hasn't been updated to recognize the new English language Proofing Tools that Office 2007
provides (that include contextutal spelling) and whether the Internet Explorer team at MS plans to update Outlook Express is
probably only a matter of conjecture at this point.

There are a number of 3rd party add-ins for Outlook Express that folks without Office have used and they should work in Outlook
Express as well.

Here are a couple that folks have reported work for them. The 2nd one has links to spellers for other than U.S. English (although
with some qualifications).

A. Vampirefo Spellchecker for Outlook Express:
http://geocities.com/vampirefo/

B. Tinyspell:
http://tinyspell.m6.net

==========
Paul T; "Houston Texas" wrote in message

Thank you very much - However Dell didn't give me any disc's - they gave me a
cardboard disc awhich says I don't need a real cd because I have this paper
disc. As usual trying to get anything out of Dell customer service is a joke.
(which is why I would never buy anything from Dell again)

Is there any other way to get this fixed. What about Microsoft any word from
them on this inferior product they put ut to increase productivity??
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP