Dmitry Kopnichev

Hi Robert
I tried to OCR the scan http://kopn.narod.ru/o.gif An OCR program does not
retain the dashed lines and +s.
I have not tried to scan to pdf.
I got a reply in comp.text.pdf that the question is not for the group.
"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
Hi Dimitry

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
I'm not dealing with text files. The screenshot is a scanned part of a
paper document.

Did you OCR the scans? If not, things *will* get very ugly! It would mean
that you are basically dealing with a large bitmap. I don't know whether
there's a good way to replace a certain part of a bitmap in that way
(other than doing it by hand. In any case, this is no work for MSFT Word!

Why is "PDF editor" ugly to replace text?

The mere idea of editing a PDF usually indicates bad workflow. But I've
jumped to preposterous conclusions here, in that you don't need to scan to
PDF but could do so to TIFF, of course. Then you end up with the above
scenario. If you do have scanned to an OCR'ed PDF, you should look for a
decent way to replace the desired glyphs. Again I have no idea what kind
of editor or scripting solution might be best here. comp.text.pdf would be
your friend ...

HTH
Robert
--