Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default turn off the automatic formatting of email addresses to hyperl

You can unlink any hyperlink (or any other field) with Ctrl+Shift+F9.

"schafer" wrote in message

This still does not disable hyperlinking completely . When I paste in a

file
that already has hyperlinks, they remain active. "Clear formating" does

not
strip out the hyperlinking. Autocorrect and autoformat does not operate

on
files that are cut and pasted in from the clipboard, it would seem. (Or

do
they, or can they?) How do I shut off this function? Where this is a

problem
the most is that my formatting macros don't work on hyperlink strings.

For
example, I cannot search on a hyperlink prefix like " http://" and
replace it with "http://" This feature also corrupts cursor actions. I
cannot select just a part of the hyperlink string when I move my cursor to
it, it selects the whole string for me. Turning off intelligent cut and
pasting and such options does not stop the automatic hyperlinking function
from hijacking my cursor or the search and replace utility. I just want

the
whole feature out of my way.
Ideas?

:Lenny

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Margarita wrote:
I want to set preferences to prevent Word and Excel from automatically
changing email addresses to hyperlinks.

In Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type, uncheck the box

for
"Internet and network paths with hyperlinks". You'll have to do this
separately in each program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman