WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Pages numbers repeat

Hi there! It sounds like you have a section break in your document that is causing the page numbers to repeat. Here's how you can fix it:
  1. Double-click on the footer of the page where the page numbers are repeating.
  2. Click on the "Link to Previous" button in the "Navigation" section of the "Header & Footer Tools" tab. This will unlink the footer from the previous section.
  3. Delete the page number on the first page of the section where the page numbers are repeating.
  4. Click on the "Page Number" button in the "Header & Footer" section of the "Insert" tab.
  5. Select the position and format of the page number that you want to use.
  6. If you want to start the page numbering at a specific number, click on the "Page Number" button again and select "Format Page Numbers."
  7. In the "Page Number Format" dialog box, select "Start at" and enter the number that you want to start with.
  8. Click "OK" to save your changes.

That should fix the problem with the repeating page numbers.