Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default looking for a non-macro way to force Print Layout as the default v

I want my users to be able to open the documents
without having to go through this step.

What do the users themselves want?

One reason for asking is that the View is saved with the document so that if
they always work in Print View, documents should always be in that view
without any effort or your part - or theirs. If they don't always use that
view, why do you want to impose it on them?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Kevin" wrote in message
I've seen other posts in this discussion group that explain how to use a
macro to force the print layout view, but what if i don't want to use a

macro
for this?

The reason why I don't want to use a macro is because of the
potentially-confusing security message that often ensues, depending upon

the
user's security level. I want my users to be able to open the documents
without having to go through this step.

Is there another way?

Thanks,