Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default how do I create a lined page with no text

On the Table menu, click Table Properties. Click the Row tab. Click
the "Specify height" box, type the desired amount (some trial and
error might be needed to get it right). For "Row height is," choose
"Exactly" and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Microsoft-Steve-Customer" wrote in message
I can insert a one column table. I get a box that asks me for the

number of
columns and number of row. I made it 1 column and 50 rows. There

is nothing
about row height. I made the fixed column with "Auto". The other

options
were "Autofit to Contents" and "Autofit to Window". I do not know

how to
clear the cell margins or remove the Border via format.

By playing around I was able to get something. But I would like to
havefollowed your instructions to have more control.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On the View menu, click Header and Footer. With the insertion

point in
the header, insert a text box, drag it to fit the page. Remove the
border (via Format | Borders and Shading). Insert a one-column

table.
Clear the cell margins. Specify the desired row height and then

add as
many rows as needed to fill the page. Add top and bottom borders,

but
no vertical ones. Close the header/footer area.

Since the table is inside the header, it will be visible on each

page
added automatically by Word.

To type on the lines, specify a fixed value of line spacing for

your
text.

Note: With the most recent version(s) of Word, you may be able to
insert a table directly into the header (without putting it in a

text
box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Microsoft-Steve-Customer" wrote in message
I am trying to make simple stationery--just lined paper with no
test. What is the procedure.