Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default Resizing a header

Did you check your vertical alignment and make sure that it is set to Top?
Format | Page | Page Setup | Layout | Vertical Alignment.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Anni" wrote:

Thanks guys for the suggestions; however, I have already checked the margins
and they are all the default margin sizes. I also checked the non-printing
characters and there are no paragraph marks above the 4-inch mark on the
page. When I view the header the box, the header is 4 inches in height. Any
thoughts?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Toggle non-printing characters on (Ctrl+Shift+8) and see if there are
paragraph marks in the header that are making it arbitrarily tall.

If not, then choose File - Page Setup - Margins tab (assuming you're using
Word 2003 or earlier), and see if the Top Margin is set to something above
1". In the Layout tab, make sure the From edge: settings for the Header are
set to .5".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Anni" wrote in message
I am currently having trouble in resizing a header. I orginally had a
header
that was its standard size, 1/2 inch; however, the header is now about 4
inches. The beginning of all my documents are at the middle of the page.
checked Microsoft Office Help and I could not find anything. Any help
would
be much appreciated.

Thanks