Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word automatically loads documents with track changes on

You can turn off the "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving"
option in Office button | Word Options, Trust Center category | Trust Center
Settings, Privacy Options category. But note that this doesn't prevent
others from seeing your changes, if you send the document to someone else.
Therefore, I wouldn't recommend it.

In order to get rid of the tracked changes completely, accept (or reject)
the changes and then turn off Track Changes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dougfielding" wrote in message
Every time I load a particular document in Word 2007, it loads it with
Track
Changes on and set to display "Final Showing Markup". Even if I change
the
view to "Final" and save the document, exit, then re-open the document, it
reverts to "Final Showing Markup". How can I change to have Word simply
load
it with the normal "Final" view?