WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Adding degree (°) symbol after numbers.

Hi John_S,

Yes, typing the degree symbol (°) after numbers can be time-consuming if you have to do it frequently. Luckily, there are a few ways to make it easier.
  1. Keyboard shortcut: The easiest way to type the degree symbol is to use a keyboard shortcut. For Windows, you can press and hold the Alt key and type 0176 on the numeric keypad. For Mac, you can press Option + Shift + 8.
  2. AutoCorrect: You can set up AutoCorrect to automatically replace a specific text string with the degree symbol. For example, you can set it up so that typing "deg" will automatically insert the degree symbol. To do this in Word, go to File Options Proofing AutoCorrect Options. In the "Replace" field, type the text string you want to use (e.g. "deg"), and in the "With" field, type the degree symbol (°). Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the AutoCorrect entry.
  3. Symbol menu: You can also insert the degree symbol using the Symbol menu in Word. Go to the Insert tab and click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" group. Select "More Symbols" and then choose "Latin-1 Supplement" from the "Subset" dropdown menu. The degree symbol should be listed there. Click on it and then click "Insert" to add it to your document.