Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how to change color of wavy red spell check lines

I just scrounged up a copy of the Support.dot template from Word 2003 and
tried it in Word 2007. It does _not_ appear to be broken, at least with
respect to the spelling underline color -- except that it stores the decimal
value of the RGB color in the registry, while the 925597 article says it
should be hexadecimal.

However, following the instructions in the 925597 article, the wavy
underline stayed red regardless of what value I put into the registry entry.
So maybe the whole mechanism is broken. I haven't yet put any effort into
trying the other settings... something for a rainy afternoon, which we've
been promised for the coming weekend. :-(

Tony Jollans wrote:
Thanks, Jay,

I wonder why they broke it in the first place (or have they fixed a
bug it previously relied on?). Is it documented anywhere?

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
For Word 2007 the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925597
explains what to do in the registry.

It seems to me it would have been friendlier to make sure the support
template's macro got updated, but I'm just a code monkey. :-)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Tony Jollans wrote:
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284845

That article is for Word 2002. It still works in Word 2003 - but
doesn't in Word 2007 (although the underlying registry changes
should still have effect)

"parkay96" wrote in message
Currently using Word 2003 SP3.
Wanting to know if able to change color of wavy red line that
appears under
misspelled words?