Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Default how do I get out of draft view in word 07?

One last thought. You have not made it clear if the problem is limited to a
single document. If it is, the document may be corrupt. If the problem is
limited to a single document, try the following:
Press CTRL+A
Press ALT+LEFT ARROW (deselects the final paragraph mark)
Press CTRL+C (copy the entire document except the final paragraph mark)
Press CTRL+N (create a new document based on the normal template)
Press CTRL+V (paste what you have copied into the new document)

Now try switching views.

"Judi" wrote:

I did that, too. That box is not checked.
--
Judi

"Aeneas" wrote:

You might also want to try the following so that you cannot open a document
in Draft view:

Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options
Click Advanced
Under General, clear the Allow opening a document in Draft view check box.
Click OK

"Judi" wrote:

I've tried all that and, for some reason, it doesn't work. the draft view
tab stays highlighted and print layout view does not stay on.
--
Judi

"Aeneas" wrote:

To switch to Print Layout view, do one of the following:
Click Print Layout in the View shortcuts on the status bar
Click Print Layout in the Document Views group on the View tab
Press ALT+CTRL+P

Other views are readily available in View shortcuts and in the Document
Views group.

"Judi" wrote:

--
Judi