Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobR

Default Status Bar - missing item

Hello Klaus, and thanks for your input. However, this was not the problem, as
all the languages I wish to use are already activated. However, it appears
to be an intermittant problem as the info has now re-appeared(?).

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

BobR wrote:
I have noticed after a re-install that information about the language
setting
has disappeared from the status bar.
I am using Word 2003 and work in Print Layout view. The items showing in
the status bar are (from left to right): Page number, Sec number,
number/number, At measurement, Ln number, Col number, REC, TRK,
EXT, OVR (I haven't checked the small icons for saving, spelling, or
printing)

Hi Bob,

The language setting is only shown if there's actually something to choose
(that is, if you have installed support for more than one language).

Look in "Windows Start Programs Microsoft Office Microsoft Office
Tools Microsoft Office Language Settings" and activate the languages you
plan to use.

Greetings,
Klaus