Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Quirk in W2003 grammar

On Feb 15, 1:38*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Fortunately we are not all as perfect as 'grammatim', but ultimately you are
correct that Word's grammar checker (like all other grammar checkers) has
limitations. Given the complexity and changing nature of the English
language, I doubt that there will ever be a grammar checker that will be
flawless. It is one of those things that you must learn to live with ... or
simply turn it off and use your own judgement.

It has nothing to do with "perfection." It has to do with two simple
facts. (1) Computers are not competent to judge the grammar of human
languages, and (2) L. Mohan Arun is not competent to assert what is
and what is not a grammatical sentence of English (witness his
repeated insistence that "software" can legitimately take a plural
verb).

This thread from the start has had nothing to do with using Word.