Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Default How do I get the dinging sound to stop when I am in Office

Hi Mike,

It's possible that there is a dialog box of some type open
behind the document you're working on. Sometimes you'll
see an item on the task bar or you may be able to see it in
Alt+Tab, but not always. In those cases the 'ding' can come
from the dialog box wanting you to make a 'valid' selection
and typing isn't what it's seeking.

========
"Mike Miller" wrote in message ...
Sorry, the dinging sound is in other office applications like Excel. It
seems to happen after I have been typing and pause for a second. It is on my
new DELL Inspiron 9300 portable. Please tell me what other info you need.
Many Thanks!!!
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP