Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
++++Jack++++

Default Nostalgia for the old UI

former co-worker said "if it does what you want don't upgrade"...I use
office 97 pro, does what I want and I'm happy..Bill Gates going to have to
get his next BILLION from someone else

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
I can only go back to Office 2000 - but I do genuinely like 2003.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:35:59 -0400 from JoAnn Paules [MVP]
:
So don't upgrade. No one is twisting your arms or stealing your money.

don't like it (translation: hate it) either but the "old way" is

history
and
their is no classic view. That means I either live with Office 2003
forever
or I adapt. I still haven't decided which option I'm going with yet.

I am sorely tempted to go back to Office 97.

At least it had a usable help system, and fewer of the annoying
"helpful" features that I have to spend time learning to turn off.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/