Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Default Is there a Special method to inserting fields?

I have been experimenting with a mail merge field all night long and have
finally come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what i put e.g.

{IF{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime"} {DATE} {MERGEFIELD
"CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "ddd dd MM hh:mm"}
{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" dd MM}

The machine just doesn't not like the way i am entering them

They just sit there like a string of mis-spelled text - I know that when
entering array formulas in XL you have to use CTRL + ENTER

Is there some secret handshake that i'm missing?