Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Transpose" macro Hebrew / right-to-left text

Ah -- you were simply saying that you made a little change to let the
user know that selecting _more_ than two characters wouldn't work.

On Oct 12, 9:11*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
What I mean by not between 2 characters is where the cursor before the first
character of the current paragraph or after the last, or if there is no
document open or an empty document. If you select one or more than two
characters you do indeed get that warning message as the macro will only
handle two character transpositions. You can change the wording if you
prefer, but as you wanted the cursor to work from between the characters the
message simply reminds of that requirement. The error trapping messages are
primarily concerned with accidental applications of the macro in
inappropriate locations.

I'll have a look at the web page instructions re the QAT vis-a-vis the
shortcut key. However the macroname should appear in the right window of the
shortcut key editor, when macros are selected in the left.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
Ok, I tried it, and it does transpose either two selected letters or
the letters the cursor is between (so it works perfectly), but
selecting three letters produced only the message "You must place the
cursor between the 2 characters to be transposed!"

On Oct 12, 8:48 am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by "where the cursor is not located
between the two characters" -- does that simply mean that it works by
selecting two characters? And the following phrase means it will
reverse the sequence of any number of selected characters? (Both
those qualifications don't appear in the website description.)

I'll replace yesterday's macro with this one, so thank you again!

Also, I noticed a tiny glitch in your "installing macros"
instructions yesterday. I don't need to put Transpose on the QAT,
but I do want a keyboard shortcut. The instructions give the
impression that you need a button on the QAT to assign a shortcut to
a macro, but t turns out you don't -- just skip the step to add it
to the QAT and go on to click the Shortcut button. (However, the
name of the macro does _not_ appear in the shortcut-assigning panel,
as I'm accustomed to seeing when I assign a shortcut to a character.)

On Oct 12, 1:54 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:

Following up with the revised version of the transposition macro I
mentioned yesterday: The following will transpose either two
selected characters or the characters either side of the cursor and
allows for those cases where the cursor is not located between two
characters or more than two characters are selected. The cursor is
left between the transposed characters so repeated use of the macro
will toggle the transposition back and forth. I have added this
version to my web-