Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How to prevent unexpected styles from appearing?

See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html

"yrapaport" wrote in message
Thanks for your answer.

This makes the unexpected formattings disappear, but the expected ones as
well (like mystyle + bold).

Does anyone know why these unexpected styles (more exactly formattings)
appear, why it is different from one PC to the other, and how I can

prevent
it?

Regards,
Yann

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

In Tools Options Edit, uncheck "Keep track of formatting".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

yrapaport wrote:
Hello.

Using Word 2002 and my user-defined template, I sometimes see
unexpected scripts appear in the styles and layout toolbar, such as
"mystyle + complex". This behavoir depends on the PC I use; sometimes
the styles remain untouched.

I have tried to reconfigure my Office XP regional settings to use only
English (US) and French, but it did not solve anything. I also
reinstalled Office on the faulty PC, without success.

Where does this problem come from and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Yann