Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Gregory

Default Can I print unlinked text in a word doc that cannot be re-linked?

I was given a Word document that I believe has text within it that's linked
to another document. When I try to print the complete document (98 pages),
the document loses 15 pages. The section missing becomes "grayed out" when I
click the curser this text within the document. When I run the curser over
this text, a message appears "Current Document CTRL + click to follow link".
Upon doing so, the curser moves to the very beginning of the document. If I
right-click on the text, there is an exclamanation point beside Update Field,
where if I click on it, the text then disappears.

The text I'm having trouble with is very important. The person who forwarded
me this document has no clue how to update the text. Is there a way to unlink
the text and still keep it in tact within the document or should I just
re-type the missing pages? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter Gregory