Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Heading numbers are wrong

Easier still, in the bullets and numbering outline numbered tab, reset the
numbering that you are using (the one with the bold grey border). Then click
the customize button. In my experience (I get to work in Word on dozens of
computers every year), W2003 (and W2007)€”right out of the box€”gets this right.
Click the customize button, check to make sure my assertion is true, and
then make the other changes you need.

BTW, if you've made several attempts to fix your numbering scheme, you'll
notice by their presence on the outline numbered tab that Word has created a
new scheme every time. Avoid confusion later and get rid of the ones you
don't want by resetting them.

PamC

Stefan Blom wrote:
Sometimes it is easier to delete the contents of the "Number format" box and
start over, carefully adding the numbering of previous levels as well as
that of the current level, and typing in the separators.

I am having the same problem, done all the techniques 9checking associated
with syles, restarting number), but still its a problem! help!

[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]

How do I get the H2 follow H1?