Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Newmarch David Newmarch is offline

Default Display Track Changes Date/Time stamp in Reviewing Pane

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your reply - which is very interesting, but also baffling.

I'm using Word 2007, and in my reviewing pane the "title bar" for each entry
simply has, on the left, Inserted, or Deleted, or Comment (plus Comment
Number), etc., and on the right the author/reviewer name. Nothing else.

What you describe is exactly what I want. But I've looked everywhere I can
think of - on the Ribbon and in Word Options - and I can't find any way to
change settings to get what you describe.

So it turns out to be a mystery rather than a suggestion for Microsoft. Not
sure if your reply was reassuring or the opposite, but I do appreciate it!

David

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi David,

A logical place to display this time stamp info would be to add it as a
feature (perhaps an optional feature) in the Reviewing Pane. As far as I can
see this is not presently possible.

Do you mind if I ask which version of Word you're using?

I have Word 2007 and I see the date/time stamp in the Reviewing pane, for each
entry. It's at the right-hand side of the "title bar" for the entry. (On the
left, the action taken; in the middle the author name; at the right, the
date/time).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org