Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Clicked "Save" instead of "Save As" and need to recover origin

Wow. This might be the first time I've ever seen that happen. ;-)

Congratulations. I'll bet you're doing another backup right now... right?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Patty" wrote in message
Thanks for the clarification.

Miracle of miracles, I actually backed up all my documents very recently
and
have a copy of the document I need!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

To add to this, Versions gets used only if you explicitly turn it on.
It's
not automatic.

The only other possible salvation would be if you had "Always create
backup
copy" enabled, in which case, there will be a file named Backup of
{filename}.wbk in the same folder as the original file (unless you've
already overwritten it as well).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
If the doc has not been *closed* since you saved you can use Undo to go
as
far back as necessary. If the doc has been closed I'm afraid you're out
of
luck.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/10/06 5:33 PM, in article
, "Patty"
wrote:

I meant to click "Save As" but clicked "Save" by mistake. Is there a
way
recover the original document? I tried "Versions" under the File menu
but
nothing appears. All suggestions are appreciated