Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pswiderski pswiderski is offline

Default Customized Layout for TOC

Well, I guess I don't understand completely.
I create three new styles - Section Title, Rule Title and Actual Rule

Article I
Officers and Elections (assigned Section Title)

Presiding Officer (assigned Rule Title)

Rule 1.01 (assigned Actual Rule)

I places the following TC fields in the body.
ARTICLE I
OFFICERS AND ELECTIONS {TC "ARTICLE I" \n} {TC "OFFICERS ADN ELECTIONS" \n}

PRESIDING OFFICER OF THE SENATE {TC "PRESIDING OFFICER OF THE SENATE"}

Rule 1.01. {TC "Rule 1.01" \n}

and I created
{STYLEREF " Section Title"}

{STYLEREF "Actual Rule"} {STYLEREF "Rule Title"\1}

at the top of my page.
I guess I don't understand how to get this to act as a TOC, (or to get these
STYLEREF into the TOC field) or have a leader and page numbers after the Rule
Title.
I also need to reference the "Rule Title" that is directly above the "Actual
Rule" and not the one below it. I was trying to do this with the switch \1,
but it doesn't seem to work.

"pswiderski" wrote:

Wow. What a great article. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure the last topic is going to help me tremendously, but I'll
post again if I can't figure it out.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

See the last section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

pswiderski wrote:
I'm creating a TOC that needs to have both the Heading 2 and Heading
3 styles on the same line. Is this possible?
Example -
The body reads like this

Article I
Officers and Elections (these two lines are style = Heading 1)

Presiding Officer (this line is style = Heading 3)

Rule 1.01 The presiding officer shall be the president, blah, blah,
blah (the words "Rule 1.01 are style = Heading 2)

I need the TOC to read

Article I
Officers and Elections

Rule 1.01 Presiding Officer ...........................3
Rule 1.02 President Pro Tempore..................4

Is it possible to have both Heading 2 and 3 on the same line?
I've gone to the point, by manually altering the field code, that I
have Heading 1 correct and Heading 2 correct, but Heading 3 is on the
line above Heading 2 (because it appears in the text before Heading
2).

Maybe I need to use TC instead of TOC for Heading 3. If so, please
explain.

Thanks for your help.