Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Zak[_3_] Zak[_3_] is offline

Default Hide/Disable the Table Move Handle

On 25 Feb, 15:39, "Beth Melton" wrote:
A table can be placed inline or floating. From what you are describing they
are already set to floating. Select the table, right-click it, and then
click Table Properties. On the Table tab, set the Text Wrapping to None
which will change it to an inline table.

When you insert a table it's inserted as an inline table by default. Chances
are you are grabbing the Move handle to move the table which changes the
placement to floating. If you want to keep your tables inline (which will
prevent them from moving and overlapping) then to move them use Cut/Paste
instead of drag/drop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVPhttps://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? *http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Zak" wrote in message

This feature makes the tables go crazy overlapping each other and
moving in all directions.

All I want is to switch the d*mn feature off but as you said it cannot
be done so will have to work in Normal mode all the time !

I dont recall having this feature always there ? it make tables be
treated like a graphic object which is a pain ..

Moan .. moan .. moan ..

cheers

Zak- Hide quoted text -

Amazing what can be achieved once you UNDERSTAND the logic and
workings behind the feature !

Works like magic now .. many thanks Beth/MS .. brought my faith back
in Word :-)

Regards

Zak