Jay Freedman

Word is part of Office (it's also possible to buy just Word by itself, but
that's not what you have).

In the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs dialog, click the Office item and
select the Change button. In the dialog that appears, uncheck any of the
Office programs you don't want (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) but leave
Word checked. Then click the Update button. The unchecked programs will be
removed but Word will stay in place.
--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"strap426" wrote:

I'm trying to clean up my C: drive by uninstalling applications I don't use.
I want to uninstall Microsoft Office but don't want it to affect Microsoft
Word. I use Word often. How do Office and Word relate? Is Word a part of
Office? Slightly confused...
Thank you.