Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
doonboggle doonboggle is offline

Default Creat table from internet cut-n-pasted html layout 'table'

UPDATE....

After playing with it most of today, am now able to finally see the marks
you mentioned; indicating that at least I now have a 'table' on my hands.
But am having lots of trouble getting the many cells, columns to come
together as one. Was able to use the Automat format option and seems to have
success. Then converted it all to Word text format so that could import into
Excel as you suggest., and it looks terrific.
Now want to redo this process so that it is in Word format. Looked up
'Help' for this, and the instructions don''t seem to work for me ...
particularly with the 'Copy and paste' instructions.
Of course am open for other suggestions. Excel is not familiar to me.
I tried the 'sort' in the Word version earlier, and it locks up my
computer's response to the Word process. Have to close out the working copy
I have, and restart. Did so about 3 times, and then started trying the Excel
process.
--
doon

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

When the formatting symbols are being shown, do you see the tab symbols (†’)
and paragraph marks at the end of each line?

doonboggle wrote:
Sorry I could not be specific when I tried to describe what you used ...
symbols (click ¶). These were what I was looking for, and not being there
told me it was not yet a table. Right now it is 55 pages of various 'tables'
... as they appear on the internet ... that do not line up in their
respective 14 columns; one 'table' to another.
When you show formatting symbols (click ¶), do you see row/cell markers or do
you see tabs? If you see the row cell markers, it is a table. Check that the

[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]
hundred rows.
Thank you.