Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Default How do I change Word single space default to double spacing?

Modify the style that the text is based on.

This is probably the 'Normal' style. If you are uncertain about how to
do this, the following procedure is the simplest:

Select any paragraph:

Look in the Style box (left of the Font box) assume it says 'Normal'

Format|Paragraph and set the line spacing to whatever you choose.

Leave the paragraph selected.

Click ONCE in the style box - the Style name will be highlighted.

Type 'Normal' (or whatever it was originally) AND PRESS ENTER.

This will modify the Normal style, and change the appearance of all
documents based upon it.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Esp_etc" wrote in message
Right now, double spacing as a default will work better for me than to have
to go into a ton of documents and update them from single spacing! I have
checked the help screen, but all it does is address how to change the spacing
on a single document. Is there a way to change that default on all Word
documents?