Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurab laurab is offline

Default how do I format comments to appear in balloon text

When I used the "insert comment" command in my Word 2003, it used to
automatically format those comments into balloons. I liked that formatting.

It still did this yesterday, but all of a sudden today it puts comments on
the bottom of the page, not in balloons. How do I get those balloons back?
I've tried following the instructions in Microsoft help, but have had no
success.

The Microsoft help instructions were no help at all. I thought I was
following them, but nothing changed in my document.

So how do I change the comment formatting so that "insert comment" leads to
a balloon?