Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default fields queries and utter disaster

I find it a bit odd that neither Office.X nor Office 2004 has a simple
method of accessing a mysql database.

I think it's fair to say that "Office" does, in the sense that Excel does.
I've never had the impression that Microsoft has regarded data connectivity
as a particularly important feature in Word, although they have occasionally
tried to make it easier to use, and it may be that demand for such features
on the Mac is lower than it is on the Windows version of Office (i.e. Mac
users probably do that sort of stuff some other way - I'm a realtive
newcomer to Mac so really don't know).

Peter Jamieson
"consiglieri" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

My version of MS Query did not allow me to save my query. It seems I
can only execute a query via excel. I can actually start MS Query as a
standalone but it doesnt let me do anything. It can neither open a file
or create a query.

I find it a bit odd that neither Office.X nor Office 2004 has a simple
method of accessing a mysql database. It would appear that OpenOffice
is ahead of Microsoft in this respect. I find this to be a sad state of
affairs. However, I shall not give up. I will see if I can get your
suggestion to work.

Once again many thanks for your effort. It is appreciated very much!