Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jade5 Jade5 is offline

Default Auto Update SaveDate before closing document

Thanks Herb. I guess I like an instant change and thought maybe there was a
way to do it without using a macro.
"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

You can use an AutoClose macro. Record as a macro the steps to update the
field, and name it AutoClose. It would need to be stored in that document
(or, if you want it to affect all documents based on a particular template,
it could be stored in that template).

But, given that it automatically updates to the correct last-saved date/time
the next time the file is opened, why does it need to be updated right
before the file is closed?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jade5" wrote in message
news
Hello:
How can I get the SaveDate field in my header to automatically update
before
I close my document. Currently, it updates after I close and re-open the
document unless I right click and then click Update filed.
Thanks,
Jade