garfield-n-odie

Click on View | Header and Footer, click on the watermark to
select it, and press the Delete key.

David Hunter wrote:

I created a document in Word 2002, and put a printed watermark in it, that
says "Work in Progress". However, since I've upgraded to Word 2003, I can't
seem to find a way to *remove* that watermark.

The menus/dialogs for creating watermarks all seem the same as they were in
2002, from what I can recall, but Word 2003 just doesn't seem to realize
that there is a watermark to remove. In fact, if I try to create a new
watermark, such as one that says "DRAFT", it goes ahead and puts it in, and
I end up with both watermarks appearing. If I then remove it, the "DRAFT"
watermark goes away, but the "Work in Progress" one remains.

I've tried opening a brand new document, and just copying and pasting
everything into the new document, but it brings the watermark with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can remove the watermark from this
document? I'm hoping I don't have to resort to copying and pasting the
document into a new blank document bit by bit, because it's gotten pretty
long by now...

Thanks in advance!