Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Auto Correct -- wants to double space

Okay. Back to the books. I do have a caption saved as autotext, but
I have to go to the menu, drop down, choose, expand, then select the
appropriate auto text entry. Even then, it inserts as double-space,
not as single-space.

The one thng that does work is dragging the caption to the desktop,
which creates a Document Scrap. I caN then drag the document scrap
into any document and the spacing is retained.

There must be an easier way of doing AutoText, too. I'll re-read your
articles and see if I can learn something more.

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:59:24 -0600,
"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

No, you are not understanding, but probably I am not being clear.

My pleading templates have a lot of styles, many of which are not used in
most pleadings. I do my formatting using styles. I seldom use normal style
to format anything. It is sort of there in the background and I mostly leave
it alone.

Suzanne is correct that a pleading caption would more often be an AutoText
entry. I have mine as tables, it allows precise positioning both vertically
and horizontally. A table can be saved as an AutoText entry and can contain
its own styles.

I would urge you to spend some time learning about styles before you spend
much time preparing templates. Otherwise, you'll find yourself fighting
against Word and having to go back and recreate most of those templates.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html